Dynavector | Te Kaitora Rua - Moving Coil Cartridge
The original Te Kaitora cartridge was the result of collaboration between Dynavector Japan and Dynavector New Zealand. The Te Kaitora allowed analogue enthusiasts to embark on a voyage of discovery to the outer limits of vinyl reproduction.
The improved Te Kaitora Rua continues the journey by incorporating many of the newest features of its Dynavector stable-mates, the XV-1s and XX-2. The Te Kaitora Rua has even managed to improve on the original's silk-like treble and openness.
Note: Te Kaitora means "The Discoverer" in the language of the NZ Maori people, Rua, is "the second version".
AVAILABLE TO ORDER - Please contact us for information on stock availability and lead time before making a purchase
- The wire for the coil has been changed to the PCOCC copper wire from the silver wire. It sounds a much smoother and has a much better musical performance.
- A titanium headpiece for maximum ridgity along with a miniature stainless steel bolt coupling the front and rear yokes to the magnetic circuit assembly.
- A 6mm long boron cantilever with the Pathfinder (PF) line contact stylus as used with both Dynavector XV-1s and XX-2.
- The ingenious square shaped armature and matching square shaped aperture in the front yoke providing much improved linearity in the magnetic flux distribution.
- Alnico magnets are used for high magnetic flux density.
Type low output moving coil cartridge with flux damper and alnico magnet
Output Voltage 0.26mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
Channel Separation 30 dB (at 1KHz)
Channel balance 1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
Frequency response 20 - 20,000Hz (± 1dB)
Compliance 10 mm/N
Tracking force 1.8 - 2.2 g
Impedance 6 ohms
Recommended load impedance > 30 ohms
Cantilever 6mm length solid boron
Stylus tip PF Line contact shape, stylus radius: 7 x 30 micron
Weight 9.8 g