Melco N1A/2 | BLACK - Upgraded to EX Spec [Ex-demo]
This Melco N1A/2 EX is an ex-demo item. The unit has been upgraded to the EX specification. The N1A has been well cared for whilst in our showroom, it is in excellent condition and comes with its original packaging.
For additional info please contact us.
N1 series is the original music library model since 2014. There are 2 range in N1 series - N1Z and N1A. N1Z is 350mm wide with internal 2 power channel. N1A is 436 wide with internal 1 power channel. N1Z has HDD and SSD models. N1A is HDD model only. Although there are hardware differences, the functionality is almost equivalent.
MELCO N1 Software
Melco N1 is audiophile grade source components to access, store and deliver Hi-Res Digital Music without any of the compromises of computers and their peripherals. They are both music store and UPnP server for Ethernet connected streaming solutions, and are also a source for a USB connected DAC. When connected to an USB-DAC, the internal player can be controlled directly from the front panel as well as by network App. The USB-DAC player supports DSD as both DoP and as Markerless DSD (Not DoP). There is no need for a PC in order to setup or manage the system and there is no data switch or IT device in the signal path to come between you and your music.
Direct Hi-Res Music Download
- Simply add your existing account ID and password on the front display, then purchase music on the vendor web site. The Melco will
automatically download any pending music purchases and will also apply CRC check to ensure no data corruption.
- No need for a download computer with risk of data corruption and need to then move the music from the PC to the Melco.
- Download High-Res Music to Melco Digital Music Library.
- Current download partner:
HIGH RES AUDIO.COM (Germany): https://www.highresaudio.com/
Support for USB/CD/DVD/BD drives
Melco will import or play music from a USB connected optical drive.
Optical drive is automatically recognised - no setup or configuration.
- CD-DA/CD Extra/Mixed-Mode CD are supported.
- Gracenote Metadata and High Resolution Cover-Art
* Cover-Arts can't be copied/moved
- Support for DATA Disc
- Imported CD is automatically placed into import_CD folder for easy music management.
- Menu items allows for setting of CD loader offsets for bit perfect import.
- Compatible CD Drives
Other Drives may work with N1. Please check with your dealer.
- Compatible USB HDD Drives
BUFFALO, HD-PNF Series
Other USB 2.0/ 3.0 USB HDD/SSD drives may work with N1. Please check with your dealer.
This direct connection concept we call Direct Streaming Music – DSM – and it is unique to Melco as in conjunction with the Ethernet purifier between the LAN and PLAYER ports DSM ensures that the Player receives only clean and accurate data, all packets are timed with low-jitter precision and all unwanted traffic is blocked. LAN lights can be disabled for highest possible data integrity.
There are two methods of operation – Network Mode is the default and allows a Tablet connected to the Wi-Fi to control the player as normal. But for ultra-pure music playback DIRECT MODE can be selected – in this case there is no need for any external Ethernet or IT components, and the Melco acts as DHCP server to the Player. Browsing and control is then from the player front panel.
MELCO N1 Hardware
MELCO Direct Streaming Music + MELCO Ethernet Purifier
- Dual Ethernet ports - dedicated PLAYER port and LAN port
- Direct Mode allows N1 to connect to Player without any Router
(Melco gives IP address to Player)
- RJ-45 with low noise light pipe LED indicators
- Micro miniature high performance network pulse transformers
- Audio grade ultra-low jitter internal data clock
- High data integrity and precision low jitter clock buffer
- FPGA voltage control system
MELCO Local USB-DAC Player
- Simply connect a USB-DAC to the connected port to use the
N1 as Player and Transport
- Play Local stored music, Network music from UPnP player,
Streaming Music (requires Android Tablet), USB Music and CD
- Control and music selection from the front panel OLED display
- Control from your favourite iOS or Android App
- Low noise 30W x2 medical grade power supplies for N1Z, 60W x 1 for N1A
- Capacitor banks with audio grade film capacitors
- Dedicated supply for SSD / HDD and signal processing electronics to isolate noise
- 3 pole IEC mains inlet with noise filters maintain a noise free environment. Signal ground terminal defines the N1 as the system source
- Revised internal wiring harness and noise isolation
For additional information please visit: https://www.melco-audio.com/products/n1/
PLEASE NOTE - Ex-demo items have been on display in our store and therefor can be subject to some signs of use. We do our best to photo any significant damage so please take care to look thoroughly at product images and/or contact us before making a purchase.