Focal | Elegia - Headphones
To enjoy an incredible listening experience in total privacy, without worrying about a noisy environment disturbing this moment of pleasure: this is the promise made and kept by Elegia. In these high-end circum-aural closed-back headphones, Focal have combined the best of their skilfully created technologies, developed and assembled in their workshops in France.
THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE FOR ORDER - Please contact us for information on stock availability and lead time before making a purchase.
FIRST HIGH-END CLOSED-BACK HEADPHONES BY FOCAL
To fully enjoy your music and amplify yours emotions, discover Focal's Arche, a perfect audiophile DAC and amplifier to combine with your hi-fi headphones.
EXCLUSIVE SPEAKER DRIVERS
Elegia is equipped with a new generation of electrodynamic transducers which provide great elongation, at the heart of extremely dynamic sound, and a linear, extended frequency response of 23 kHz. The geometry of the new, half-roll NBR surround guarantees a lightweight moving part that is always under control, even at the lowest frequencies and the highest volumes. The sound reproduction is incredibly precise. And thanks to the "M”-shape inverted dome and its larger emissive surface, listening becomes sensational.
Loading a speaker driver into a “small room” makes it extremely sensitive to its environment. Our engineers’ 40 years of expertise and know-how led to specific work being undertaken on the vents, so as not to limit the frequency response in the low-range and thus properly manage the air flow. With Elegia, there is no resonance to disturb the listening experience. And the closed earpads round off the remarkable soundproofing.
- These headphones require a running-in period in order to operate at their best.
- They will run themselves in naturally after several hours of listening time.
- If you want to speed up the process, we recommend playing very bassy music through them for at least 24 hours at a relatively high volume.
- This will stabilise the speaker drivers and allow you to get the very best out of your headphones.
COMFORT AND ELEGANCE
With its well-mastered geometry, Elegia's headband moulds perfectly to the head, providing optimal grip for on-the-go use. The 20mm memory foam microfibre earpads as well as the yoke, which also moulds perfectly to the wearer’s face shape, are both key contributors to the headphones’ supreme comfort. They are also incredibly good-looking: noble materials such as leather, solid aluminium and microfibre finish off Elegia to a tee.
- A 3.5mm stereo jack adapter
- A 3.5mm to 6.35mm jack adapter
- A carefully finished, hard-shell carrying case. Thermoformed in the shape of the headphones, it protects, stores and carries Elegia with peace of mind.